My Top 10 PG Spooky Season TV Shows & Movies
Okay, as I have mentioned before, I am not into horror or thriller TV shows and movies. However, I do love magical, fantasy, and a little spooky, or what I call PG spooky vibes.
1.Hocus Pocus 1 & 2: This is a traditional movie. Every year, my family and I watch Hocus Pocus on Halloween night, and now we have added Hocus Pocus 2 to the collection. There are many reasons I like Hocus Pocus; the comical lines, the costumes, the characters, the songs. But I think the reason I love it so much is that it makes me feel close to my mum, as it's one of her favourites, and she looks forward to watching it every October.
2.Wednesday Series: Da Da Da Dum (Snap Snap) Da Da Da Dum (Snap Snap) Da Da Da Dum Da Da Da Dum Da Da Da Dum (Snap Snap). I haven't been obsessed with a TV series in so long, but I was so excited when I saw this coming out and loved every single episode, there is so much that I could talk about. I even did a full review which you can check out here. I can't wait for season 2!
3.Harry Potter 1 - 7: Timeless classics and the perfect weekend movie marathon collection, which goes perfectly well with comfy PJs and lots of snacks.
4. Goosebumps 1 & 2: These movies are probably the spookiest out of my list, but I do love the storyline of how the stories come to life from books, which also makes sense since I love books.
5. Addams Family: And again… Da Da Da Dum (Snap Snap) Da Da Da Dum (Snap Snap) Da Da Da Dum Da Da Da Dum Da Da Da Dum (Snap Snap). Another timeless classic full of crazy and comedy and perfect for a Halloween-themed movie.
6. Lock & Key Series 1, 2 & 3: This Netflix series was a great series, such a different storyline and very unique episodes, and I found this series to be very unpredictable which I liked and left me wanting more.
7. The Curse Of Bridge Hollow: This is a fairly new Netflix movie, and I think the father played by Marlon Wayans is really funny, and his comedian side shone through. He was hilarious and worked so well with on-screen daughter played by Priah Ferguson. It is PG, but there were a few creepy moments that did catch me off guard.
8. Fate; The Winx Saga 1 & 2: A Netflix series all about modern-day fairies that went to a school for magic beings that must destroy a dark force. Well, what doesn’t sound great about that. I have watched series 1 & 2, and I really hope there is a series 3 coming.
9. Shadow Hunters; The Mortal Instruments: I was hooked quite quickly to this TV series and was so gutted to hear they cancelled series 4, especially since the last series was left on such a cliffhanger.
10. Ghostbusters: This is my old school choice. I mean, who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS! There isn’t really anything else I can say about these movies other than if you don’t know what I’m on about then get to watching.
PG Spooky is my thing. I like being lured into a TV series of magic, fantasy, and mystery, but I also like not jumping out of my skin every 2 seconds, so I’m more than happy with my spooky season collection.
But for all you thriller lovers out there, I hope you have a terrarific October of movie magic.